Friday, September 1, 2017

A Call for a Beta Reader

I am looking for a better reader for my emerging history book, The Enchanting Encounter with the East. The extract that I would like to be reviewed embraces the first two units and makes up about 70 pages.

The candidate should have a passable knowledge of history: my book covers the Late Middle Ages and focuses on the attitude of European intellectuals to the East, especially the Far East. My work is intended for general readers so I don't expect to run into an expert. I would appreciate any advice including the quality and provocative questions.

I am still examining materials for Unit 3 which concerns the Mongols' invasion of Europe as part of their western campaign during1241-42.

My special thanks to my Russian audience who made up the majority of my readers last month.

I would like to recommend Robert Marshal's book, The Storm from the East, which is available on google books. I am enjoying reading it now and not only the chapter which deals with my topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment