Saturday, April 8, 2023

The Latecomer's Update

 My Internet was mute for nearly a month and only now I begin to recover from this unpleasant experience. This is what I did in a few past days:

I uploaded my article, John of Plano Carpini, for Discussion. 

https://www.academia.edu/92846942/John_of_Plano_Carpini

This is a chapter from the last unit of my book, "The Enchanting Encounter with the East." I was delighted to learn that I have got 9,500 views. I am nearing my current goal of 10 K. 

I have edited a chapter from my third project, The Fright and Thrill of Navigation: Seafaring in the Medieval and the Renaissance Mediterranean. The paper is titled "Early Light Galleys" and has the following outline:

a: LBR dimensions [length to beam ratio]

b: functions of galleys

c: Sailing season  

d: nocturnal voyage

e: Operational range

f: Speed and watering of the crews

g: Coastal shipping and beaching

h: Shipworm and Life Expectancy

i: Visibility

j: Seaworthiness

k: Byzantine innovations

l: Latin achievements

m: Medieval Triremes & Centerline Rudder

n: Horse transports

o: Purpose-built galleys 


I am currently collecting data for another chapter about the tactics of naval warfare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment