Friday, April 15, 2022

The Galley Proof of My Second Book

 Since the end of March, I have been making progress with my galley proof for "The Enchanting Encounter with the East." 

Before making corrections, I checked each unit using my new editorial program. I redesigned many paragraphs, and the list of amendments has topped 70 pages after finishing four units out of six. I imagine my editor will be discontented. 

Next week, I will re-edit Unit V, which is the story of Prester John, and if all goes well, I will complete my task by the end of April. 

Listeners liked my lecture  "The Saga about Humankind: the View on the Habitable World during the European Middle Ages and the Renaissance." Some of them asked where they could read the book. I directed them to my Academia page, where they read 18 chapters of my second book (out of 29). The rest I will upload throughout this year. I will continue to collaborate with the Institute of Integration concerning future lectures. 

https://independent.academia.edu/BaizermanMichael

The head of the seminar asked me about the time when the Muslims declared Jerusalem a holy city for Islam. I promised to check. It is a fascinating question for a historian. In the lecture, I explained that the Christians had enhanced the role of Jerusalem since the Age of the Crusades when the Eternal City began to appear on mappae mundi, medieval universal theological maps reserved for illustration and instruction. 

One of my followers offered to be a beta reader. This is my dream to find a partner with whom I can discuss upcoming topics. In the first stage, I sent him a list of contents of my second book. He promised to look through all the chapters and give his opinion. The writer does not exist in a spiritual vacuum. He needs diverse channels to contact his readers. I hope we will work out beneficial cooperation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment