Friday, July 12, 2019

New Publications

In addition to previous publications, I uploaded three new chapters:

1) By Wheel and Wind: a focus on overland and water transportation in Ancient Mesopotamia. One of the scientists got interested in this article and we had a discussion

2) What if the Earth is the Sphere? This is chapter 1 of my second book, "The Enchanting Encounter with the East". The publishing house refused to accept it because it might not interest their readers so I will have to find another publisher. The article proves that most educated public in the Middle Ages recognized the theory of the spherical earth and envisaged it in different images. 

3) The Reappraisal of Civilization. This is an introduction to my first book, "Dawn and Sunset: A Tale of the Oldest Cities in the Near East". (together with previously downloaded The Tower of Babel.) I give my definition of civilization and outline a formula which can be applied to any ancient city, at least in the Ancient Near East.  

From now on, I decided to upload most of the chapters of my first book. I realized that before looking for a publisher for my two completed books, I need to make a sturdy platform that will attract a potential publisher. I am thinking of various ways how to do it. I will download many of my articles- up to now I penned almost 100- and will continue working on my third book. 

Wish me good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment