Friday, February 24, 2023

John of Montecorvino

 I have received good news from Academia. After over two months' delay, I finally got access to Discussion. The confirmation coincided with presenting my last chapter, John of Montecorvino, to the public. https://www.academia.edu/96931204/John_of_Montecorvino

The paper has triggered replies and enjoyed more than 150 views. I am on the way to realizing my potential in Academia, which will stand around 10 K views. I still have two more chapters for Discussion. I noticed some readers come across my previous papers, from the second to the first book. It is very encouraging. I am beginning to form a community of readers, primarily academics. I wish I also had more readers from the general public since this is my target audience. 

My zoom lecture in the historical-philosophic club about Alexander against Gog-Magog: Part 2 was  successful. I received many compliments and questions. Some listeners wished they had been present at the previous lecture, and I invited them to participate in my next one. I still need to prepare it . All the lectures are recorded by the Institute of Integration and appear on their site. 

I started developing my third project with the working title "The Fright and Thrill of Navigation: Seafaring in the Medieval and the Renaissance Mediterranean." 

I assessed my introduction and changed the title to Prelude: A Tale of Two Watercraft Brands. I took out two items about technology and diet: they will appear in later chapters. There are three topics now: The Galley, The Round Ship, and Comparison and Contrast. I will also attach the Reappraisal. When I finish, I will offer this paper to maritime magazines. 

I began writing chapter 1: Early War Galleys. It will cover 16 items. I described the sections about dimensions, design, and seaworthiness. I am preparing a list of primary sources and want to check my writing against them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment