Saturday, January 29, 2022

The Lost and Found Tribes

 


Image: A Typical Notice

https://www.juliemeek.com.au/lost-and-found/


The next chapter of my second manuscript is titled "The Lost and Found Tribes". It belongs to Unit IV: Mapping Marvels and Monsters: In the Shadow of the Iron Gate, and focuses on the legend of the Ten Lost Tribes. 

 The demise of ancient Israel and the mass deportation of its population set the background of the legend about the Ten Lost Tribes. The Samaritan community has been estranged from Judaism, although many believed that one day the vanished people would rise from the dead. Medieval Jewish philosophy places the refugees in the far-off land beyond reach and makes them a consolidated community governed by the Jewish Law and under the sway of a Jewish prince. This congregation is poised for the coming of the Messiah to lead it to the Promised Land. 

The article is available at the Academia site: https://www.academia.edu/69800164/The_Lost_and_Found_Tribes 

As usual, it is open to Discussions and you are invited to take part. I have recently reviewed the entire manuscript for possible publication. I hope I can be more specific but at this stage of negotiations I prefer to be mute. 

If you are interested in the history of the New Kingdom of Egypt, I can warmly recommend reading https://www.academia.edu/43173055/The_Canaanite_and_Nubian_Wars_of_Merenptah_Some_Historical_Notes_%C3%89gypte_Nilotique_et_M%C3%A9diterran%C3%A9enne_13_2020_p_133_149?email_work_card=title

This article is written by Mohamed Raafat Abbas, an Egyptologist and the director-general of the Scientific Research Department at the Ministry of Antiquities in Egypt. I added many details to my knowledge of this period, especially the difference between the Apiru, the Shasu, and the early Hebrews. 

Next week, I will resume filtering the data for the chapter about galleys and sailing ships from my third project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment