Friday, September 17, 2021

Merchant Galleys (3)

 I am still reviewing my notes about merchant galleys. I began to understand how things worked in  medieval society and what happened in the Renaissance when a marvelous system of merchant convoys faded. Apart from freight galleys, I check my observations about war fleets, pick up examples to be studied in detail and develop new ways of presenting the facts for further comparison. 

I found a serious shortfall in my work: my unfamiliarity with genuine maritime travel accounts about seafaring across the Mediterranean during the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. I began to trace these materials and their English translations. Meanwhile, I have found Pietro Casola's Traveling to Jerusalem and am going to make good use of it. As far as I understand, Pietro sailed on a pilgrim galley in 1494. 

The academia.edu site offered me to be their reviewer. That means that I have to recommend scientific articles and books to be presented on the site. Each researcher receives a list of recommended reading in his field and my recommendations will be part of it. 

 I am going to continue re-editing my article "Rediscovered Islands". I have not decided yet whether to upload parts as draft copies (as I did with "The Priority of Discovery", which is part 1 of the whole or to alter the entire paper and offer it for Discussion. 

I have achieved my goal concerning the exposure on the Academia site. I have over 5 K readers now. I still think that my potential is larger but now I have to prove it through meticulous labor by re-editing my uploaded articles and writing new ones. You can help me reach my next goal. 

I remind that my papers appear on my personal page 

https://independent.academia.edu/BaizermanMichael 

where I can offer 26 articles. The number remains because I wanted to promote discussion on my already uploaded accounts. I hope that I can contribute more papers soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment