Saturday, January 16, 2021

The Trefoil of the World


I continue to make facelifts to my uploaded papers. This time, it is a chapter from Unit II of my second manuscript, "The Enchanting Encounter with the East". 
You can view it https://www.academia.edu/40051105/The_Trefoil_of_the_World

The article is presented to the discussion on the Academia site in the nearest three weeks. You are invited to take part in. I would appreciate any comment and would do my best to reply. 

The paper describes the evolution of the mappae mundi, the "world maps" of the medieval imagination. Across the centuries, this medium had upgraded from simple schemes depicting the tripartite inhabited earth to more elaborate designs, which incorporated the Ptolemy vision or reflected current geographic discoveries and married with sea charts. The medieval world of the sacred and profane hangs in front of our eyes.

Meanwhile, I finished estimating materials concerning my paper about medieval shipping. The article will compare a galley and a sailing ship. This is the first chapter of a new series that is intended for my third manuscript. Now I need to compare my draft version with the new stuff unearthed and partially developed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment